This is an amazing, and amazingly healthy, energy bar. The recipe comes from The Community Co-Op, and you can't beat its combo of dried fruit, nuts and chocolate. This is a great way to get the benefit of nutrition packed nuts and seeds. Thanks Margot!
Margot’s Magic Energy Bars
1. Warm the honey in a large soup pot.
2. Add the chopped dates and simmer to soften the dates. Never let the honey boil!
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix into a thick batter.
4. Scoop the batter into a 9×13-inch cooking pan that has been sprinkled with coconut or extra seeds or seed meal, basically anything to keep it from sticking. You can line the pan with wax paper or not. You can cut the bars out at this time to make it easier to slice them once they have hardened.
5. Leave the pan in the refrigerator for an hour or two. Take it out and cut up the bars. Store them in the fridge or a cool, dry place.
These seasonal newsletters give you insight on the effects of energy movement throughout the year and throughout your body.