Kale Salad for “Burning Bright”
A heart healthy recipe
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 1 teaspoon chili powder
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 2 bunches kale, stems and tough ribs removed, leaves very finely chopped
In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, chili powder and salt. Add the kale, toss to combine, and serve.
- Recipe from www.wholefoodsmarket.com
Quinoa with Snow Peas for "Mother Earth";
A recipe for stomach and spleen
· 1 medium onion diced
· 1 cup quinoa rinsed and drained
· 2 cloves garlic minced
· 1 tsp ginger minced
· 1 tsp sesame seeds
· 1 3/4 cup water or broth
· 1 cup snow or sugar snap peas (about 8 ounces) stems removed and cut on the diagonal
· Salt and pepper, to taste
· 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
· 2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for a minute.
2. Add the quinoa, garlic, ginger and sesame seeds and sauté for 2 to 3 minutes until quinoa is dry.
3. Add the water or broth and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to simmer and cover the pan, simmering for 12 minutes.
4. Remove from the heat and quickly remove the lid, adding the snow peas on top of the quinoa and replace lid. Let sit, undisturbed for 5 minutes. Then remove the lid and check to see if the quinoa is done. Each grain seed will have a little ring.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste, along with the sesame oil. Top the mixture with the toasted sesame seeds and serve hot or warm.
- Recipe from http://www.circulon.com
These seasonal newsletters give you insight on the effects of energy movement throughout the year and throughout your body.